Monday, July 27, 2015

Not in Kansas Anymore, Act I, sc. v


Bands that SKIP together, STAY together.

One more Wizard of Oz homage, ripping off the fairly iconic image of the gang skipping along the yellow-brick road. PLUS, It's not often we get a fairly comprehensive view of the street, so there's some decent perspective here in this scene.

This wraps up Act I, with the plot in full swing -- what do you think happens next? I feel like most stories that try and do a parody of a specific film (like Star Wars) are a little TOO faithful from scene to scene, and they just try tobe sarcastic in each scene. In this, I'm aiming to instead just have jokes related to the Wizard of Oz, but I'm not hellbent on copying the literal story narrative. So expect more Wizard jokes, but don't expect them to follow the story very faithfully -- that's just not as funny!

My brother made an excellent point, though, that the beginning few scenes should have been in black and white, and that's a great idea! I wish I'd thought of that!

Spring Chickens

UpVote on Reddit, Follow on Twitter and Like on Facebook!

No comments: